VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional and quick to value.
We are looking for a Delivery Manager to help us deliver solutions that solve client business challenges and generate elated end-users of their systems and to maintain strong customer relationships and improve our services.
Our ideal candidate will be a customer-focused, technically savvy individual who has extensive experience leading complex projects.
Our primary office is in Vancouver; however, candidates based in Canada and abroad will be considered.
- Manage a team of project members under various models (e.g., fixed price, T&M, deliverable based, etc.).
- Meet or exceed revenue, utilization, margin and client satisfaction targets through the successful delivery of consulting and implementation projects.
- Actively participate in front end sales cycles for significant new engagements.
- Define project management goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Participate in the building of the project management capability in the company through a combination of internal team enhancement and external hires.
- Participate in the presentation of the implementation strategy to prospective customers, demonstrating the credibility of our delivery organization.
- Participate in project governance and provide high level quality control.
- Participate in the development of project management tools and processes.
- Ensure best practices and consistent delivery approaches are utilized on assigned projects.
- Participate in the development of solutions conceived, driven, and owned by Service Delivery.
- Ensure the creation of high-quality solution design and design documentation.
- Participate in the presentation, articulation, and defense of the design to clients.
- Manage client expectations related to the design to reach successful client sign-off.
- Participate in identifying and creating re-usable assets to improve efficiency and consistency of delivery across projects in the areas of design, installation, and migration.
- Strong management skills with the ability to coach and lead both virtual and in-person teams.
- A proven track record of leading professional services teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects and programs simultaneously.
- Sound business sense and a market-driven approach, with the flexibility to modify approaches to achieve goals as information changes and events unfold.
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including at the most senior levels.
- Skilled in articulating and presenting compelling value propositions for service offerings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and align client thinking and agenda.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous business and technical problems using experience, creativity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to understand the functional design and technical project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Cloud Based technology and containers including Azure, AWS, Google, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile and waterfall implementation methodologies.
- Ability to explain and defend technical decisions to a technical audience.
- Ability to present solutions to multiple levels (CTO/CIO level, developer level, etc.) and areas (functional and technical) within a client organization.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a client-facing or consulting role
- Project Management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile/SCRUM)
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions.
- Experience in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing, and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
Nice to haves:
- Industry or profession focused certification (e.g., Prince 2, PMP, Certified Business Analyst, Certified Change Management Professional, etc.).
- Experience with enterprise content management, business process automation, workflow automation and/or information governance and records management.
- Fluent in English
- Our primary office is in Vancouver; however, candidates based in Canada and abroad will be considered.
- Work, on occasion, may require weekend and evening work to meet client and business requirements.
- Work will require some overnight travel to meet with Clients, Partners and attend Business Conferences upon conclusion of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- This is a full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan
- Quarterly bonus program
- RRSP program
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume. We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.