Quality Assurance Analyst
VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations, and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional, and quick to value.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to help us solve client business challenges and generate elated end-users of their enterprise applications (typically IBM FileNet / Cloud Pak for Business Automation implementations). As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work closely with the project team to write the test strategy and plan and execute the manual and automated tests for solutions built for our clients.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, a quick learner, an excellent communicator, and can solve complex technical issues in a customer friendly and timely manner.
- Ensure best practices and consistent delivery approaches are utilized on assigned projects.
- Provide input to Project Managers on project planning and estimating efforts for each assigned project.
- Structure work and produce deliverables that align with the scope and budget of projects.
- Develop test cases and test scripts from project requirements, business requirements, design documentation, workflow processes, test plans, with guidance from project leads.
- Execute and / or coordinate smoke testing, system integration testing, regression testing, end-to-end testing, and user acceptance testing (UAT) in support of test plans.
- Create QA data for testing purposes.
- Document test results.
- Log and track defects and participate in bug review processes to identify priorities and remediation strategies.
- Communicate defects/issues to the project lead and work closely with the lead and with other teams as required to resolve defects.
- Prepare reports on defects and problems that arise during test cycles.
- Maintain the regression suite by revising test cases and test scripts in accordance with changing business requirements, and revised test plans.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous technical problems using experience, creativity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical documentation.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated experience creating test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Demonstrated experience managing defects.
- Demonstrated experience with manual testing.
- Demonstrated experience with automation testing.
- Demonstrated experience using industry standard tools to develop and maintain automated user acceptance test suites and tying them into the Continuous Integration process.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of industry experience.
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrated experience in CICD process improvement and deployment.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile / Scrum development process.
- Passion for solving business problems with Automation and AI.
- Fluent in English and eligibility to work in Canada are pre-requisites.
- Our office is in Vancouver, but we are open to someone working remotely within Canada
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan
- Quarterly bonus program
- Cell Phone and Home Internet Program
- Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
- Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.