Technical Specialist (IBM FileNet / Cloud Pak for Business Automation)
VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations, and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional, and quick to value.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist to help us solve client business challenges and generate elated end-users of their IBM FileNet / Cloud Pak for Business Automation implementations. You will be responsible for delivering IBM enterprise software installations, upgrades, technical guidance and specialized support for large scale on-premise and cloud-based applications and solutions.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, a quick learner, an excellent communicator, and can solve complex technical issues in a customer friendly and timely manner.
- Manage / track / execute support for multiple IBM environments (production, QA, development) for our clients including liaising with their teams.
- Install on-premise enterprise software platforms and work reliably to meet the client’s needs.
- Monitor server and application software and perform preventative maintenance work.
- Manage patching of servers and applications.
- Liaise with IBM / Other Partners and their support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant software.
- Provide input to Project Managers on project planning and estimating efforts for each assigned project.
- Create high quality solution design and design documentation.
- Occasionally available during non-core business hours to perform upgrade or maintenance work.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous technical problems using experience, creativity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical documentation.
- Good understanding of Cloud Based technology and containers including Azure, AWS, Google.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile and waterfall implementation methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Microsoft Windows.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking, load balancing, DNS with UNIX / Linux system administration.
- Nice to have:
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes or any major Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions like Rancher, OpenShift or PCF3.
- Ability to script in Python, PowerShell, BASH.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) / Developer (CKAD) / Security (CKS).
- Certified in AWS (Certified SysOps Administrator or DevOps Engineer).
- Certified in Azure (Administrator or DevOps Engineer).
- Passion for solving business problems with Automation and AI.
- Fluent in English and eligibility to work in Canada are pre-requisites.
- Our office is in Vancouver, but we are open to someone working remotely within Canada
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan
- Quarterly bonus program
- Cell Phone and Home Internet Program
- Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
- Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.