Senior Project Manager
VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional and quick to value.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to help us deliver solutions that solve client business challenges and generate elated end-users of their systems.
Our ideal candidate will be a customer-focused, technically savvy individual who has extensive experience managing complex projects.
- Manage a team of project members under various models (e.g., fixed price, T&M, deliverable based, etc.).
- Meet or exceed revenue, utilization, margin and client satisfaction targets through the successful delivery of consulting and implementation projects.
- Actively participate in front end sales cycles for significant new engagements.
- Define project management goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Participate in the building of the project management capability in the company through a combination of internal team enhancement and external hires.
- Participate in the presentation of the implementation strategy to prospective customers, demonstrating the credibility of our delivery organization.
- Participate in project governance and provide high level quality control.
- Participate in the development of project management tools and processes.
- Ensure best practices and consistent delivery approaches are utilized on assigned projects.
- Participate in the development of solutions conceived, driven, and owned by Service Delivery.
- Ensure the creation of high-quality solution design and design documentation.
- Participate in the presentation, articulation, and defense of the design to clients.
- Manage client expectations related to the design to reach successful client sign-off.
- Participate in identifying and creating re-usable assets to improve efficiency and consistency of delivery across projects in the areas of design, installation, and migration.
- A proven track record of leading professional services teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects and programs simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of project management approaches (e.g., waterfall, different flavors of Agile), with the ability to draw on these to implement a tailored, appropriate framework.
- Sound business sense and a market-driven approach, with the flexibility to modify approaches to achieve goals as information changes and events unfold.
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including at the most senior levels.
- Skilled in articulating and presenting compelling value propositions for service offerings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong decision-making skills including the ability to balance conflicting interest.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results.
- Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas.
- Strong management skills with the ability to coach and lead both virtual and in-person teams.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a client-facing or consulting role
- Project Management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile/SCRUM)
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions.
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with enterprise content management, business process automation, workflow automation and/or information governance and records management.
- Platform experience in Microsoft SharePoint, IBM FileNet, OpenText, Documentum, or similar.
- Fluent in English and eligibility to work in Canada are pre-requisites.
- This is a remote position, but preference will be given to candidates living in Vancouver who can work out of our Vancouver office.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan
- Quarterly bonus program
- Cell Phone and Home Internet Program
- Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
- Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.