Senior Technical Specialist
VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional and quick to value.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist to deliver enterprise software installations, upgrades, technical guidance and specialized support for development and implementation of large scale on premise and cloud-based applications and solutions.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, a quick learner, an excellent communicator, and have the ability to solve complex technical issues in a customer friendly and timely manner.
- Manage cloud implementations in AWS and Azure.
- Monitor hardware and software and perform preventive maintenance work.
- Ensure best practices and consistent delivery approaches are utilized on assigned projects.
- Provide input to Project Managers on project planning and estimating efforts for each assigned project.
- Support the sales teams in client meetings and estimation.
- Structure work and produce deliverables that align with the scope and budget of projects.
- Structure and drive design reviews.
- Communicate the risks and benefits of design/architectural options to an audience with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Participate in the development of solutions conceived, driven, and owned by Service Delivery.
- Create high quality solution design and design documentation.
- Present, articulate and defend the design to clients.
- Manage client expectations related to the design to reach successful client sign-off.
- Participate in identifying and creating re-usable assets to improve efficiency and consistency of delivery across projects in the areas of design, installation, and migration.
- Available during non-core business hours to perform upgrade or maintenance work.
- Available for some shift work/standby for emergency support situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and align client thinking and agenda.
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively navigate client's organization to facilitate the completion of project deliverables.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous technical problems using experience, creativity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to understand the functional design and technical project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Cloud Based technology and containers including Azure, AWS, Google, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile and waterfall implementation methodologies.
- Ability to explain and defend technical decisions to a technical audience.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical documentation.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- 4-year Computer Science or Engineering Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of industry experience and managing infrastructure.
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
- Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux; Ubuntu Linux; Microsoft Windows
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift)
- Enterprise Content Management or related technologies
- IBM Cloud Packs (Installation & Configuration)
- Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in enterprise installation and deployment planning and control
- Fluent in English and eligibility to work in Canada are pre-requisites
- This is a remote position, but preference will be given to candidates living in Vancouver who can work out of our Vancouver office.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan
- Quarterly bonus program
- Cell Phone and Home Internet Program
- Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
- Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.