Solutions Architect (Ingest and Interpret)
VersaFile Inc. is a Vancouver-based technology services and software company providing intelligent content and process automation solutions. This includes managed services, strategic consulting, implementations and commercial software. Our purpose is to generate outcomes that make a difference by making our solutions easy, highly functional and quick to value.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to help us create and design solutions to solve client business challenges and generate elated end-users of their systems. As the senior resource on projects, you lead the team to ensure sufficient data/information is gathered and oversee the delivery of a solution architecture, information architecture, and detailed technical solution design. In addition, you will work closely with your team and project management to ensure quality implementation of the design.
Our ideal candidate will be a technically savvy individual who has extensive experience with implementing or architecting solutions on multiple projects.
- Ensure best practices and consistent delivery approaches are utilized on assigned projects.
- Provide input to Project Managers on project planning and estimating efforts for each assigned project.
- Support the sales teams in client meetings and estimation.
- Structure work and produce deliverables that align with the scope and budget of projects.
- Structure and drive design reviews.
- Communicate the risks and benefits of design/architectural options to an audience with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Participate in the development of solutions conceived, driven, and owned by Service Delivery.
- Create high quality solution design and design documentation.
- Present, articulate and defend the design to clients.
- Manage client expectations related to the design to reach successful client sign-off.
- Conduct code reviews where appropriate.
- Participate in identifying and creating re-usable assets to improve efficiency and consistency of delivery across projects in the areas of design, installation, and migration.
- Assist in business development in terms of solution definition scope and estimation efforts, where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and align client thinking and agenda.
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively navigate client's organization to facilitate the completion of project deliverables.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous technical problems using experience, creativity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to understand the functional design and technical project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of Cloud Based technology and containers including Azure, AWS, Google, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Strong all round IT skills including SQL, .Net Development, Web, Mobile, Security, Infrastructure and Virtualization.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile and waterfall implementation methodologies.
- Ability to design algorithms and code for efficiency and reuse.
- Ability to explain and defend technical decisions to a technical audience.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex technical documentation.
- Ability to present the solutions to multiple levels (CTO/CIO level, developer level, etc.) and areas (functional and technical) within a client organization.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a client-facing or consulting role
- Demonstrated good judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
- Document capture including:
- Designing and implementing document capture solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of the implementation and tuning of machine learning technology.
- Proven track record of customer success with at least one document classification and extraction automation tool such as Kofax, Abbyy, IBM Data Cap, Hyperscience, etc.
- Process Automation including:
- Designing and implementing process automation, case management and business process management solutions
- Strong experience in automation solutions including Robotic Process Automation and Workflow.
- Proven track record of customer success with at least one business process automation tool such as Kofax, OpenText, Appian, IBM BAW, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere, Kapow, etc.
- Fluent in English and eligibility to work in Canada are pre-requisites
- This is a remote position, but preference will be given to candidates living in Vancouver who can work out of our Vancouver office.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health and benefits plan
- Quarterly bonus program
- Cell Phone and Home Internet Program
- Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
- Only those candidates who are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest and we will contact you for an interview if you are short-listed as a candidate.